PurpleBee PANCo Pioneers
NCFE CACHE Level 4 Award: Become a PANCo (Physical Activity and Nutrition Coordinator)
Our PANCo training course
The Physical Activity and Nutrition Coordinator (PANCo) qualification and specialist role is a beacon for quality provision in the Early Years and has been designed as a wellbeing-in-action intervention that promotes positive nutrition and physical activity to support the prevention of obesity within Early Years settings. The PANCo qualification gives Early Years educators a robust knowledge base and the skills to lead and support change within the setting.
Benefits of becoming a PANCo with PurpleBee
Shaped by leading Early Years Specialists for Early Years Professionals
As the cofounder of the PANCo qualification, we have taken the most current research and combined it with expert experience to deliver a practical, engaging and intuitive online PANCo training course specifically designed for Early Years.
Start Life Well Assessment
Benchmark your setting against best practice in healthy eating and physical activity and make positive steps towards change with the PurpleBee bespoke Start life Well Assessment tool
Packed full of activities, exercises, tools and resources, we have created a set of comprehensive Reflective Journals that will help you to reflect on what you are learning, expand your thinking and capture your inspiration.
PANCo Project Portfolio
Your Portfolio is a way to showcase your learning and provides you with a toolkit for integrating health and wellbeing projects into your setting
Join the growing movement of PANCo Pioneers and Start Life Well Champions in our PurpleBee PANCo Wellbeing Hub. Suitable for practitioners and leaders who want to foster health and wellbeing in their early years settings
As a qualified PANCo you will learn how to:
- develop your skills and confidence to become an agent of change
- put physical activity and nutrition guidelines into practice
- support parents and families with healthy eating and physical activity at home
- analyse what will motivate and help people to make positive behaviour changes
- embed physical literacy throughout your setting
- develop children’s resilience and independence
- help your setting to meet and exceed Ofsted’s expectations around the health and wellbeing of children, families and your team.
- be a positive role model for healthy behaviours
- build a reputation for being a setting that cares about the health and wellbeing of its children, families and team.
- support your team and parents to adopt active lifestyles.
About the online PANCo course
- This is the only internationally recognised qualification that gives you full PANCo status.
- Ideal for Early Years practitioners with an enthusiasm and interest in the health and wellbeing of children and families and a passion to lead positive change within their workplace.
- Suitable for Early Years Professionals (Lv3+), team leaders or managers working in Early Years settings such as nurseries, schools, childminding settings and after school clubs.
- Flexible, step-by-step online learning from any device, anywhere, anytime with tutor support.
- 3 months for course completion – approximately 3-4 hours a week for study and practical application.
Get access to our FREE PurpleBee ‘Get up to Speed with PANCo’ online taster series and receive our FREE ’12 Vital Signs’ infographic.
Sign up to our fully online CACHE Level 4 Award: Become a PANCo course.
Join the growing movement of nationally recognised & qualified PANCo’s in the PurpleBee PANCo Wellbeing Hub.